The opportunity to engage as a member of and consultant to various Central Piedmont Community College committees, have provided a broad understanding of local and national issues regarding higher education.
Student Success Initiatives
- Consultant and Training Developer, Completion by Design - Completion by Design is a grant-funded initiative to increase student success via the training of faculty regarding new policies, practices, and tools for student advising.
- Leadership Team, Intentional Course Design -
Intentional Course Design (ICD) seeks to enhance quality, consistency, persistence, and completion in the design of whole courses for student success.
- Training Developer, Achieving the Dream -
Achieving the Dream is a grant-funded initiative designed to identify new strategies to improve student success, close achievement gaps, and increase retention and completion rates.
- Associate Director and Training Developer, CRITICAL CORE - The CRITICAL CORE refers to student exposure and attainment of proficiency in key competencies for the 21st century. The goals include teaching and assessment of these competencies within and across programs of study, ensuring students have an expanded exposure to and opportunity for proficiency in critical core skills.
- Committee Member, Digital Inclusion Group
The CPCC Digital Inclusion Group (DIG) is charged with eliminating the digital divide for students and also the Charlotte community.
- Co-Chair, Professional Development Advisory Committee - The PD Advisory Committee seeks to ensure CPCC employees have a voice in the professional development offerings and opportunities at the College.
Standards for Online Learning
- Sub-Committee Chair, eLearning Operational Team, Online Growth Initiative -An initiative to grow online learning at CPCC, while ensuring quality and focusing on students needs first, the elearning operational team was charged with making recommendations for online program quality, marketing, student support, LMS services, and faculty development.
- Committee Member, Digital Learning Accessibility Committee - Charged with ensuring accessibility across all digital platforms by 2019.
Accreditation Agency Initiatives
- Committee Member and Training Developer, STAR - CPCC's Quality Enhancement Plan- Success Through Academic Reporting (STAR) is designed to aid in the success of first-year, full-time curriculum students through enhanced student support and strategic communication.
- Committee Member, Curriculum Committee - A college-wide committee that recommends policies concerning curricula, degrees, and diplomas; reviews all proposals for the addition or revision of courses, curricula, and requirements for degrees and diplomas.
- Committee Member and Training Developer, Clery Committee