The opportunity to engage as a member of and consultant to various Central Piedmont Community College committees, have provided a broad understanding of local and national issues regarding higher education.
Student Success Initiatives
- Lead, Teaching and Learning Excellence Team - In partnership with the Student Success Leadership Team (SSLT), the Central Piedmont Teaching & Learning Excellence [action] Team (TLET) promotes and advocates for research based teaching practices that foster student success; academic engagement; educational attainment, and the holistic development of Central Piedmont students
- Leadership Team, Academic Continuous Improvement - Serves as a consultant to divisions and programs in their annual continuous improvement reviews and plans for student success, retention, and completion.
- Former Consultant and Training Developer, Completion by Design -Completion by Design is a grant-funded initiative to increase student success via the training of faculty regarding new policies, practices, and tools for student advising.
- Former Leadership Team Member, Intentional Course Design -
Intentional Course Design (ICD) seeks to enhance quality, consistency, persistence, and completion in the design of whole courses for student success.
- Former Training Developer, Achieving the Dream -
Achieving the Dream is a grant-funded initiative designed to identify new strategies to improve student success, close achievement gaps, and increase retention and completion rates.
- Former Associate Director and Training Developer, CRITICAL CORE - The CRITICAL CORE refers to student exposure and attainment of proficiency in key competencies for the 21st century. The goals include teaching and assessment of these competencies within and across programs of study, ensuring students have an expanded exposure to and opportunity for proficiency in critical core skills.
- Former Committee Member, Digital Inclusion Group - The CPCC Digital Inclusion Group (DIG) is charged with eliminating the digital divide for students and also the Charlotte community.
Standards for Online Learning
- Project Team Leader, LMS Implementation Team - Strategic partner with the LMS implementation team as we prepare to shift all instruction to a new LMS - Brightspace/D2L - 2021.
- Former Sub-Committee Chair, eLearning Operational Team, Online Growth Initiative -An initiative to grow online learning at CPCC, while ensuring quality and focusing on students needs first, the elearning operational team was charged with making recommendations for online program quality, marketing, student support, LMS services, and faculty development.
- Former Committee Member, Digital Learning Accessibility Committee - Charged with ensuring accessibility across all digital platforms by 2019.
Accreditation Agency Initiatives
- Committee Member, Curriculum Committee - A college-wide committee that recommends policies concerning curricula, degrees, and diplomas; reviews all proposals for the addition or revision of courses, curricula, and requirements for degrees and diplomas.
- Committee Member and Training Developer, Clery Committee
- Former Committee Member and Training Developer, STAR - CPCC's Quality Enhancement Plan- Success Through Academic Reporting (STAR) is designed to aid in the success of first-year, full-time curriculum students through enhanced student support and strategic communication.